- - - - - - - - - - -E-mail - - - Archives- - - - - - - - - - -

Friday, September 17, 2010

 

Poetry, Poetry, Poetry

A correction to the last post: I'll be reading at Sidewalk Cafe next Friday at 7:35. This change from 7:20 shatters all your expectations, I know. But really, I was reading at 7:35 the whole time! My indication of 7:20 was a typo. I know how far this news of my typing imperfection must make me fall in your eyes. Don't worry. I'll clean out my pedestal and leave quietly.

Also, hey! An HTMLGiant shoutout to my Tan Lin review. That is cool because I read HTMLGiant and spend a lot of time thinking how damn old I am. Who are all these new tiny poets and fictioneers and cross-genre pioneers? I yell get off my lawn and then they tp my house in the middle of the night. But now maybe I am somewhat back in the fray or somesuch? Burnished with a new relevance (in my own mind, anyway).

Speaking of reviews, I am working on another one, but not of poetry! Weird! It is a little something for Open Letters Monthly's annual review of bestsellers. Stay tuned.

Here in DC there are inchworms hanging around all over, and the jasmine is blooming. Our Indian summer is full upon us. Soon, though, it will be all apples and dried corn and pumpkins on stoops. And even sooner, it will be time for the first In Your Ear Reading of the year! In fact, it's this Sunday:

Sunday, September 19, 3:00 pm
Peter Davis, Shanna Compton & Magus Magnus
@ DC Arts Center, 2438 18th Street in Adams Morgan
Admission $5.00

Huzzah!

posted by Reen |link| 0 comments

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

st*rnosedmole is the sole product of maureen thorson and everyone else on the entire planet. if you would like to send us a message, preferably the kind delivered by a white gloved servant in livery, and heavily perfumed with latest scent out of Paris, por favor, send it to reenhead AT gmail DOT com.