- - - - - - - - - - -E-mail - - - Archives- - - - - - - - - - -

Monday, July 12, 2010

 

A Good Week

Last week was quite a good week. A big legal victory, some good poetry news, and a relaxing, four-day trip to Toronto and its environs, where I (sadly) watched the Minnesota Twins get creamed, swam in a quarry, drank too much beer, and ate many delicious tomatoes.

On the perfume front, prior to leaving Toronto, I tried out the last of my perfume samples, CB I Hate Perfume's Black March. I really liked this one -- it smells just like very fresh arugula tastes, with some dirt on the side. Very nice, but fleeting.

On the way home yesterday, I stopped at a duty-free shop, and tried out a bunch of perfumes. (I used sample strips. I am fancy). Hermes Eau d'Merveilles -- too orange. Lancome's Poeme -- to honeysuckley. Guerlain's Shalimar -- too musky. But, rather ironically, I really liked Hermes Un Jardin Apres la Mousson, given how I made fun of "monsoon" scents when I first started looking at perfumes. Anyway, I came away with a bottle of it, and now I smell like melons, ginger, and water.

I have a couple new samples on their way from the Perfumed Court, so it appears that the Summer of Perfume is not over yet.

posted by Reen |link| 2 comments

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

st*rnosedmole is the sole product of maureen thorson and everyone else on the entire planet. if you would like to send us a message, preferably the kind delivered by a white gloved servant in livery, and heavily perfumed with latest scent out of Paris, por favor, send it to reenhead AT gmail DOT com.