- - - - - - - - - - -E-mail - - - Archives- - - - - - - - - - -

Friday, June 25, 2010

 

A Day Without Perfume

Today is an off-day. I figure it will help me keep my nose from fatigue if I take a breather (insert rimshot here) between each perfume.

Yesterday was Day 2 of the Stecca. Layering made it a little bit less fleeting - I coulddetect traces of it up until around 5 o'clock, but it's still a rather vanishing scent. I certainly don't want it to be big enough that I am carrying around a perfume cloud with me, forcing other people's eyes to water and allergies to act up, but it would be nice if I also didn't have to stick my wrist right on my nose to smell it.

Tomorrow Jeff and I are off for a three-day beach weekend, and I am going to try Hermes' Un Jardin En Mediterranee. No tomatoes this time (I figure I should stagger my tomato scents), but the mix of citrus, cedar, and floral notes sounds appealingly and sophisticatedly beachy. Let's see if it's also the right scent to wear in a hot car in a beach-bound traffic jam. Ha!

posted by Reen |link| 0 comments

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

st*rnosedmole is the sole product of maureen thorson and everyone else on the entire planet. if you would like to send us a message, preferably the kind delivered by a white gloved servant in livery, and heavily perfumed with latest scent out of Paris, por favor, send it to reenhead AT gmail DOT com.