- - - - - - - - - - -E-mail - - - Archives- - - - - - - - - - -

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

 

The Greatest Gift . . . Ever



Yesterday, Jeff and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. And he got me the greatest thing ever. Usually, I am a bit suspicious when people tell me they got me the perfect gift ... more often than not, I am about to open something that will leave me questioning the depth of our relationship.

But not this time!

Some backstory. I am a terrible sleeper. I have to sleep with earplugs, because any sound at all will keep me from getting to sleep. And I wake up as soon as any light penetrates the room. Add this to some general anxiety/insomnia problems, and you basically wind up with someone who is a cranky zombie at least 25% of the time.

I am always brainstorming ways to make this better, like black-out blinds or sleep masks or enforcing a very strict bedtime, but I very rarely follow up on any of them. I have a complex.

Anyway, my present was...black-out blinds! Magical honeycombed blinds that Jeff proceeded to install behind the regular shades in our bedroom, and lo! Our bedroom became a pitch-black cave. Wherein I slept through sunrise! That's a whole extra hour of sleep!

So, Jeff gave me the gift of sleep. And it is heavenly.

(And yes, that is a picture of me hugging the blinds. I was so happy I was getting a little choked up).

posted by Reen |link| 4 comments

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

st*rnosedmole is the sole product of maureen thorson and everyone else on the entire planet. if you would like to send us a message, preferably the kind delivered by a white gloved servant in livery, and heavily perfumed with latest scent out of Paris, por favor, send it to reenhead AT gmail DOT com.